What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?
In the context of NDIS Melbourne, Supported Independent Living (SIL) empowers you to live an independent life while receiving help with daily tasks. In the comfort of your own home, you’ll receive specialised support with everyday activities, progressively honing your abilities for confident flourishing. That’s the essence of SIL.
More than just a helping hand: SIL covers assistance with essential activities like personal care and meal preparation, ensuring your well-being and comfort.
The ultimate goal is to equip you with the skills you need to become more independent over time. Think of it as a supportive springboard towards greater autonomy.
Whether you choose a shared living arrangement or prefer to live alone, SIL providers in Melbourne
can tailored the services to your specific needs and preferences.
While SIL covers support services, it does not include housing costs or expenses like groceries. SIL is best suited for individuals who require significant assistance throughout the day due to disability or other specific needs.
If SIL is the right fit for you, your NDIS plan will specify the level of funding allocated for this support, considering your needs and chosen housing arrangements.
As a registered NDIS provider in Melbourne, our SIL Accommodation empowers individuals with disabilities or special needs to thrive in their own homes or communities. We ensure your safety and well-being while cultivating the skills and confidence needed to navigate life on your own terms.
Our programs for supported accommodation
- Personalized mental health programs, led by our on-site psychologist or mental health nurse, for individuals and groups.
- Small group psychological activities delivered by GPs.
- A variety of individual and group behavior-support therapies.
- Customized community access programs throughout Southeast Queensland for both individuals and groups.
- In-house physiotherapists and occupational therapists offer personalized programs to help participants achieve their goals.
Why opt for Kuremara for SIL Houses?
We as a SIL provider in Melbourne, we provide shared living arrangements that offer support and assistance to help individuals live as independently as possible while ensuring their safety and well-being. This service encourages community inclusion and creates a comfortable and secure living environment.
- We can assist you in finding SIL House accommodation if needed.
- We have support workers who are readily available to assist.
- Our support workers are well-trained and work with you to achieve your goals.
- We have a medical team that is always available if required.